If we had to go vegetarian due to Coronavirus, do you think we would be healthier?

If it comes true that the animal products are low on supply and if we did had to go vegetarian, would that make us healthier?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Actually the opposite is more likely. If transportation and importation of goods becomes limited to prevent spread of disease.. Theres PLENTY of meat avaiable. Vegetation is limited based on the region and season.

And vegan and vegetarian diets are NOT healthier.    You need SUPPLEMENTS to make the diet work..  As well as a variety of foods that may not be locally available...   Such a diet would certainly be detrimental to health as your options dwindle down to local resources

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I don't think everybody would resort to being a vegetarian.

There are too many people that enjoy Seafood, shellfish, chicken, beef, and pork. So I highly doubt they would give up all those foods that they like. In the event of infected animals threatening our food source, you bet there would be healthy animals isolated so that breeding could continue.

• 2 months ago

Not enough toilet paper to start that diet now anyways.

• tate2 months agoReport

I agree 

• 2 months ago

Perhaps, but my question is how vegetarian can you actually BE right now? It seems like many fresh and vegetable-based options are what are in shorter supply.  

Would you be healthier? It's been largely proven that a vegetarian diet CAN be healthier for most people, but that doesn't mean it always WILL be. You have to eat a balance of  nutrients--and if cut out some food products simply because they are animal-based, you may or may NOT be getting that. So your question can't really be answered yet. AND, it takes time to become healthier once you stop eating meat and dairy foods--it doesn't happen immediately. 

Vegetarian diet options are quite good for your body if you are preparing foods from scratch, and eating mostly fresh foods, not processed ones. But many vegetarian processed foods are no better for you than non-veg ones. You really have to be discerning here--read your labels, find out what you actually ARE eating when you make food, and then make a decision about your overall health. Getting enough protein is always going to mean knowing what vegetables, grains, seeds and nuts you can combine to make complete proteins--so you are going to have to become pretty well educated about this. 

Good luck with it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Cans are what's low in supply and if my experience with canned food diet is anything to go by, that makes us and our buttholes very unhealthy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It completely depends on what the person eats.

Macaroni and cheese is not healthier than grilled salmon and steamed broccoli.  

There are plenty of obese vegetarians.    I've known quite a few vegetarians who don't even eat vegetables.  

Whether a diet is healthy or not depends on the sum of individual food choices, not the presence or absence of meat. 

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why would animal products even be low

• 2 months ago

Not at all. Meat provides nutrients necessary for healthy humans to live.

• Daisy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We, in the US, are not going to become low on meat. Sales of meat, especially beef, are up as people turn to comfort food in trying times.

Almost 90% of vegetarians in the US add meat back into their diet. I don't thing they would do that if being vegetarian were healthier.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yeah everyone would be healthier and our planet would be happy

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.