Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 weeks ago

I blame my parents for the reason I'm struggling financially since they chose to disinherit me. Agree or disagree?

agree they stupid

Take control of your own life

I'm not sure they disinherited you.  Good parenting sometimes means tough love.  If you get babied into adulthood, then what kind of mate would you be?  If you had kids, it would be like one big kid raising another.

In the dating scene the people who grew up financially independent were much more mature and responsible than those that weren't.  They were a lot more respectful of my money because they valued the work it took to get it.You can truly learn how to live based on the decisions that you make.  Budgeting will come fast because you will quickly learn what really is a priority and what is not.The difference between needs and desires will be crystal clear.  You will learn to stand on your feet like the rest of the people that did it.  BTW, you know you can ask God to show you.  I was a single parent, and for awhile with no child support and $20 over the line for any kind of aid.  I learned really quickly and God showed me all the things I could learn in an office on my own by just being nice and helpful to people.  Also I could find great joy taking my son to a park or on a walk or to a beach and enjoy those free things instead of paid things like movies and such.  

Forgive you parents for the bad feelings you got.  It really will end up a lot better to learn to stand on your own.

I think you should fend for yourself., I have always had a saying “ All good things come to an end” besides it would be good for you to understand how it feels to work hard for your $$$. I think you should show them that you don’t need to rely on them unless it’s an emergency. Take some time to think about it before you decide what you are going to do. Either way best wishes and good luck

I agree. I’m going to validate you here. Now. 

I hope you find some goodness and meaning in this life anyway.

I know how it feels to be cast aside by family. 

It’s says something about how they lost their way in this life. 

But maybe you can keep your feet on the path of the truths you know.

Peace to you, fellow human

it's their money and it's their right, but also if you think about it they are the ones who decided to have kids, give them their genes, good or bad, their community, their country, so why not their money?

DISAGREE.. YOU'RE LAZY and SHOULD Grow up and take responsibility for yourself and your own actions.

I would say disagree

BUT let us say OK yes agree

NOW THERE IS NOT A THING YOU CAN DO to change the disinheritance,,, NOW what are you prepared t do about your situation ?

most of people of success never felt sorry for them selves were born poor and if they made good in life it was by hard work and sacrifice.

• e9601:

It's not up to your parents to take care of you finacially. Get a job and earn your own money. Stop feeling entitled.

I was disowned, dis-related, dissociated, dismembered & disinherited by my parents so long ago I wouldn't recognize either of them if I were standing behind them in a supermarket checkout line or sitting next to them on a frkn bus & I'm doing just fine.

Your financial problems are your own with only You to blame for them.

And if you actually thought inheritance was your only ticket to doing well, then that probably explains why your parents saw their way clear to disinherit you in the first place since you probably wouldn't even know how to do anything  with it but piss it away as easily as you somehow managed to piss away their confidence in you to maintain any kind of legacy with it...