Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 2 months ago

What exactly brought on the hoarding of toilet rolls in recent weeks? Why didn’t other groceries disappear at this rate?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

What brought Toilet Paper hoarding on?  China!  There was a news special, showing Chinese people running around with masks on and when they were interviewed....they all complained about NOT having any toilet paper.............so, Obama, Soros and the Democrats (who all control the American media) jumped on the Band Wagon and began the panic.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Oiy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Have you ever been to the toilet, and cannot find the roll? You have to use your banknotes instead to clean your butt. The hoarding has created a trust for yourself.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The media caused the initial panic and hording by instructing their herd to get theirs and store up. This created the initial stampeded which wiped out the shelves. The empty shelves then triggered the I got to get mine mentality in other herds. Snowball effect created at first, by the media's fear mongering.

• Roi R.2 months agoReport

I shower.

• 2 months ago

Many just love to squeeze the Charmin'.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Other groceries ARE disappearing from the shelves too. You just haven't noticed because you're concentrating on TP and bottled water.

• Cei
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Well the reason I heard was this:

The virus started in China and spread to Hong Kong.

Hong Kong closed their borders with mainland china. Hong Kong does not make toilet paper and relies on imports from China. So once the borders were closed they couldn't get any so the panic buying started there.

The virus then spread to Australia, who had seen people panic buying toilet paper in Hong Kong on the internet so they felt they had to do the same, even though they do make toilet paper there. As the virus as spread the same misconception has spread with it.

• Roi R.2 months agoReport

WHAT?

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Other things did disappear where I live. Rice,  pasta,  minced beef,  canned goods, medications etc. etc.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.