Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Do Vegans now see that we need meat for survival?

Corona V has put us all in survival mode and all meat, eggs, milk and toilet rolls in supermarkets were the first to go lol the body's instincts drives you to fats and meat and some fruits. Meat and eggs are still empty shelves in my supermarket lol so I'm having to revert to butchers which we should be supporting first anyways. Does this make vegans think they've still got a long way to go with their diet?

I hope so. I cant see people eating Vegans, so meat all the wayy

OMG the stupidity of this whole thing is just making me squint.

• hush2 months agoReport

people use logic against vegans. 
      its not very effective...

meat is how this whole damn corona virus started in the first place. i hope that bat soup was worth it for the moron who started it all.

• Wendigo

How about some reliable medical sources, to prove your claim. Opinion is NOT science nor is it fact. Opinion is just that opinion. Opinions are like people, there's a lot of both.

All the stores that I have been in there has been a shortage of rice, beans, pasta and fruit the majority of these buyers eat meat. Omnivores are eating more vegan foods now than ever before.

• Wendigo

myself or are vegetarian or vegan liked you. It's not even relegated here to one party, but crosses the whole foolish party line of politics.

I'm actually doing beautifully right now.

Know why?

Cause all that vegan food is still on the shelves. Veggie burgers, tofu, noodles and, I dunno about you, but we have plenty of produce still. I never had a problem getting food. But my family and friends found it difficult because all they eat is chicken and beef.

I don't "need" meat and most people still don't. Just because people emptied the shelves to throw in the freezer in a panic doesn't mean they need it.

Also, is this an admission that you didn't need meat before..? Even if you think you do now.

• Wendigo

eat meat, can very easily debunk. Which you I believe know I've done in the past where certain claims has been made. You and I along with some of the others in this section that are vegans may disagree on some points, but on others we agree.

• audrey

And the produce section is totally full while the meat and eggs are GONE?

• Janet

I love meat and eat meat regularly.

Meat and animal products being bought up so much is NOT an indication that we need meat for survival. Humans do NOT need meat for survival.

• mrh-slos

We are omnivores by nature but capable of becoming vegetarian by choice , not a choice I intend to make.