Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Would you find it acceptable if your 17 year old daughter was watching porn?

Rather than portraying sexual relations as a beautiful and intimate expression of love between a man and a woman in honorable marriage, pornography demeans and distorts the sexual act. Casual and perverted sex are portrayed as exciting and desirable. Personal gratification with little or no regard for the other person is highlighted. Women, men, and children are portrayed as objects that exist only for sexual gratification. “Beauty is measured by proportion of body parts, shaping unrealistic expectations,” says one report. “Depicting women as anonymous, ever-wanting/waiting, empty sex toys for men, stripping and exposing their bodies for monetary gain and entertainment cannot possibly translate into a message that can exist in harmony with equality, dignity and humanity,” concludes another report. There is also another factor. Soon, like any other improper stimulation, what initially arouses becomes mundane and routine. “Over time,” says one writer, “[the users of pornography] require more explicit and deviant material . . . They may push their partners into increasingly bizarre sexual activities . . . , diminishing their [own] capacity to express real affection.” Does that sound like a harmless diversion? There is nothing harmless about pornography. It is exploitive and corrupting. It can destroy relationships, perverting the natural expression of sexual intimacy into a voyeuristic activity. It poisons the mind and spirituality of the voyeur. It promotes selfish, greedy attitudes and teaches people to view others as objects fit only to satisfy their lust.

Yes and why not, maybe ask her if she wants company, then you could answer or maybe help out with questions 😉

Source(s): Personal experience

Insisting on watching with them and critiquing the video usually has a way of killing their interest.

Yes it’s perfectly ok and healthy at that age 

Mine wouldn't get caught; I have had "the talk" and have encouraged her that her private life should remain just that.

No, not unless you were encouraging her to become a stripper or porn star. Your the parent. Talk to her about sex and keep her off of sites where a possible predator might stalk her.

a family movie night is a family movie night

How exactly did you find out.

And yes, any normal person would find a 17 year old looking at porn normal

• edward

I know that most people watch porn at some point in life. Most of them are under the age of 18. I was not one of them, i had a really hot girlfriend who loved sex from the time i was 16 till i was 19. Watching porn never crossed my mind until i was single

Most teenagers are curious about sex but aren't given the kind of information they want or need.   Turning to porn is nothing new.  

I wouldn't be crazy about my 17 year old looking at porn, but as long as she is doing well in school, has good self-esteem, a healthy social network and is headed down the right path, I don't think it's anything to freak out about.

If my daughter had problems, was promiscuous at a young age, used drugs, self-harmed, had trouble making decent friends, was having trouble in school, etc., porn would be added to the list of symptoms of an at-risk youth and I'd do whatever I could to remedy that.

Context is so very important in these situations and you've given us NONE.