Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Are there any fellow meat eaters on my side, who think that militant vegans need to stop trying to shove their agenda down our throats?

I am in complete agreement with you.

There are also normal vegans who also think militant vegans need to take a long walk off a short pier.

Absolutely. I won't have ANYONE ram their opinions down my throat!!

Vegans are deniers of biology.  Check out out teeth.  

i stand by you, sir/ma'am.

vegans cramming doen their agenda down our throats are like those dumb youtube ads forcing you to watch 2 ADS BEFORE THE VIDEO! that cant. be skipped

Sounds like a class a meat hoarder.

I don't care what anyone else eats. so no side taking here.

There are two basic types of vegans. There are the militant types who wants to push/force their belief system on to the rest of us. Those I have issues with. They have the right to espouse their beliefs, but not the right to enforce them onto those like myself who is not, nor can be a vegan. However we omnitarians are alone, There are the vegetarians who consumes either dairy, and/or eggs. They get the same flack we get, and many of those who follow that dietary lifestyle also wishes they'd shut up. 

Those type need realize that where my rights starts, their rights ends fini. I wish would look past the agenda they're pushing, and realize it's not the end all be all, path that leads to the Utopia they envision. Such a Utopia, whether vegan or otherwise is not possible, at least in this linear, temporal, material, universal, material, continuum that we live in. These type of vegans, along with any other type of militant, needs to stop pushing what they believe, onto the rest of us. Then there are those who aren't militant, and I have no issues with. They go about their lives quickly, and don't push what they believe onto the rest of us. They at least has a sense of reality, and that the desired Utopia isn't attainable.

What specifically do you mean by "shove their agenda down our throats"?

If you mean literally, that's assault and it's illegal and yes it should stop.

If you mean they are not entitled to speak their minds or participate in politics or civil protest or public education campaigns, no.

I think people should be free to eat and say and think pretty much whatever they want.

• "Shove their agenda down our throats" is a figure of speech, meaning that they are trying to manipulate us into conforming to their agenda, using propaganda and insults.

Nope, I don't really care. I'm pretty good at ignoring people or putting forth arguments that they can't come back with a rebuttal. I actually respect people who have a passion for their beliefs whether I agree with them or not (unless of course it is just stupid, like believing the earth is flat)