What's it like having a motel/hotel as a neighbor?

I'm in the process of shopping for a house and found a really strong candidate, my only concern is that it is right next to a motel (like a stones throw from the driveway). It's off of a highway near a moderately popular ski resort in PA and surrounded by state forest, but the motel is kind of shady looking. I'm probably being paranoid, but the idea of that type of clientele wandering around so close to the property (which is already secluded) makes me a bit nervous. I was hoping people who live next to similar establishments could enlighten me on what it's really like to have a hotel/motel as a neighbor, thanks!

• drip

Selling it is going to be a pain. How long has the house been on the market.  Did they try to sell it before. How many times has the house sold in the last 20 years. What is the cost compared to other houses in the are that are a little further away from the motel.  Have you check the crime rate in the area. You could possibly ask the local police station how many calls they average monthly to the motel. Are the calls /crimes for drugs, prostitution, break ins, shootings.  

Nobody with any common sense would buy a house next to a motel/hotel.

• Matt

If it looks shady you might have prostitutes and drug addicts for neighbors.