Dick asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 2 months ago

Have Neanderthal fossils been found in Africa?

No. The southernmost find was recorded at Shuqba Cave, Levant.  Reports of Neanderthals from the North African Jebel Irhoud and Haua Fteah have been reidentified as H. sapiens.

Negroids don't have any Neanderthal in them, only Caucasoids have Neanderthal, I'm around 5% Neanderthal according to my results.

Source(s): DNA testing companies.

It is my understanding that neanderthals were the original species of the European continent, and although they too migrated here, there and every which way, it would probably be very difficult to pinpoint any traces of bones belonging to any individual anywhere else than around their areas of origin. I mean, you're more likely to find hay in a hay stack than a needle, correct? And you would have a bit of a hassle finding a blade of hay in a stack of needles just the same. 

I know this is by far the least scientific answer anyone could provide you with, but it is my humble take, based on what I know and have read. 

Thank you. 

Source(s): I have a brain that still works, in spite of the corona virus craze. hahahah!

No. Only West Asia and Europe.

Do you count Gibraltar? I know it's British but geographically, it's a swim away from Africa. Many Neanderthals held up there in caves until the species went extinct.

• Nancy

Yes.  The oldest neanderthal fossils have been found in Africa.  Newer ones have been found in Eurasia.  This indicates that Neanderthals originated in Africa but then later had populations migrate to Eurasia.

• Kirtidev2 months agoReport

Agreed, Neanderthals were originally from Africa. It took the movement of continents to create the mediteranian sea and provide twin paths to Europe and Asia. 

the problem with finding them is that the average person would not be able to tell the difference and would simply disregard them.