My girlfriend and I are engaged after 4 months. Did we make the right decision?

I’ve dated many women from every walk of life and my recent girlfriend and i have been dating for 4 months. She’s the best woman I’ve ever dated and I’m crazy about her. i can see her being a great mother and even better wife. She has stated that she can see a future with me and that I’m everything she’s been looking for as I feel the same about her. Just recently she brought up that she wants to get married next year. I’m 32, she’s gonna be 35 and we both have intentions to start a family. Her concern as is mine is starting a family late as we are both not getting any younger. She wants to book a wedding a year from now so that we have a date. I did intend to propose at the end of the year and she knew my intentions which is why she wanted to get the wedding planned. I know a lot of family and friends are going to criticize me for doing something this early but we both feel good about it. Wanted to hear some advice from some of yall 

if you have to ask, dont rush on getting married, until you know for sure

• Alan H

Youi two must make that decision

why keep asking strangers?

You haven't even experienced a small sampling of the things you need to know about one another in 4 months. Perhaps you will be together long-term but what's the rush? The fact that you feel like you can't wait concerns me. Keep the engagement and make it a 2-3 year plan and for goodness sakes, use RELIABLE birth control, please.

• Helen

You're having to ask strangers on Yahoo Answers so I'm guessing probably not.

• Joe P2 months agoReport

Yet here you are. Thanks for taking time out of your day for responding 

Only you rwo can answer that

• qspeechc2 months agoReport

Shut up Scooby.

• GB

We had been dating for  2 1/2  months when we announced our engagement, which shocked a lot of people. The definition of engagement is  an agreement to marry someone, so as far as I was concerned we were engaged as soon as I said yes to the proposal, even if  we had done the 'correct' thing of waiting until we had been dating 'long enough'. (I have put correct and long enough in inverted commas, because people have different opinions  on this.)  

There were further doubts from others, because we knew each other less than a year when we got married. The marriage lasted for life (34 years.)  

The only reason to delay booking the wedding is there might be restrictions in your country on weddings. 

Seems a bit quick, but good luck to both of y'all, maybe you'll prove me wrong.

If you guys are okay with it, then get married. 

You don't date and y'all are not engaged.

Usually fast paced engagements like this never end well. You too have only been dating for four months which is not nearly enough time to truly get to know someone, in order to deeply know someone that takes years to do. You two are infatuated right now so you think it's the right the thing to do and it feels right, everyone goes through this stage but I personally don't think it's a good idea to rush into marriage and have kids with someone you think you know well. Everyone's on their best behavior in the beginning of a relationship so of course it feels right but you don't who they really are until years later and until you live with them too. I'd say rushing into this will be a bad thing but in the end it's all up to you.