Why is there all the sudden a toilet paper shortage?

• Dze

theres not a shortage, people are hoarding it lol .. theyre not going to 'up' the production most likely because it will level off and there wont be demand for it ..

• Fred

Peter fears wiping his South end with a toilet paper substitute and buys more toilet paper than he can use in a lifetime.

Paul misses out because of Peter's hording of toilet paper overwhelms the supply and now has to find substitutes while Peter smugly smiles.

There is no toilet paper shortage! But our supply and delivery resources can obviously be easily overwhelmed.  Thank you public media for showing the rare isolated hording incident nationally and enlarging it into a NATIONAL PROBLEM!   

As near as I can tell, demand shot up because people were stocking up and manufacturers are not increasing production because they don't want to be stuck with surplus inventory that nobody wants in six month's time. The idea that "panic-buyers" are snatching it all up is nonsense, every store has a per-person limit now and there is no toilet paper to buy in the first place. I confirmed with my local Publix supermarket that they are only getting about 10 packs a day in their deliveries, and Publix corporate office told me they have none in their warehouses. 

Fear mongering sheep. 

Mob (or Herd) Psychology 101:

"Hey, we're running!  Hurry up and run!"

"Why are we running?"

"Shut up and run!  If everybody's doing it, it must be the thing to do!"

"Oh, yeah...NOW I see!  I feel safer - like, it's all of us, together!"

The coronavirus has scared the sh*t out of people.

My neighbor moved his car out of the garage to the carport, I think to make room for his toilet paper, he is greedy.

• Fuhr

All the crap coming out of Trump's mouth.

• TedEx

There is no substitute.

• Olive

There's been a toilet paper shortage for quite awhile