Why is there all the sudden a toilet paper shortage?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

theres not a shortage, people are hoarding it lol .. theyre not going to 'up' the production most likely because it will level off and there wont be demand for it ..

• Fred
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Peter fears wiping his South end with a toilet paper substitute and buys more toilet paper than he can use in a lifetime.

Paul misses out because of Peter's hording of toilet paper overwhelms the supply and now has to find substitutes while Peter smugly smiles.

There is no toilet paper shortage! But our supply and delivery resources can obviously be easily overwhelmed.  Thank you public media for showing the rare isolated hording incident nationally and enlarging it into a NATIONAL PROBLEM!   

• 4 months ago

As near as I can tell, demand shot up because people were stocking up and manufacturers are not increasing production because they don't want to be stuck with surplus inventory that nobody wants in six month's time. The idea that "panic-buyers" are snatching it all up is nonsense, every store has a per-person limit now and there is no toilet paper to buy in the first place. I confirmed with my local Publix supermarket that they are only getting about 10 packs a day in their deliveries, and Publix corporate office told me they have none in their warehouses. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Fear mongering sheep. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Mob (or Herd) Psychology 101:

"Hey, we're running!  Hurry up and run!"

"Why are we running?"

"Shut up and run!  If everybody's doing it, it must be the thing to do!"

"Oh, yeah...NOW I see!  I feel safer - like, it's all of us, together!"

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The coronavirus has scared the sh*t out of people.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

My neighbor moved his car out of the garage to the carport, I think to make room for his toilet paper, he is greedy.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

All the crap coming out of Trump's mouth.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

There is no substitute.

• Olive
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

There's been a toilet paper shortage for quite awhile

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.