Lee asked in SportsWrestling · 2 months ago

WWE - champ v champ. Why they do this?

When I was younger watching wrestling each title had a league of guys going after it.

Nowadays wwe do stuff like us champ fighting for tag team belts and intercontinental title champ going after wwe champ. Why on earth are they doing this? Really puts me off watching

Higher stakes ... they did they recently at Mania 35 in the main event, recent survivor series it’s not something they do a lot just to make a match more spicy

Chris Jericho had both major belts one day, I remember it.

• Mr. Wrestling

That's when they took "The WWF Title" an WCW Tile combined, Making him the First WWE Champ

Because it's........... AWESOME!!!!!

Matches between champions are usually of a higher prestige than normal matches. It draws more attention and a champion who wants to be the best champion can prove their worth by taking out another champion.

Survivor Series plays into that with numerous champions facing each other so as to be on top

*Having a world championship is one thing but having another mid-card championship to stack it up is another thing. Being a double champion skyrockets your superstar power.

I too remember those days. It makes more sense that way.