Is food delivery services like Uber, DoorDash, etc putting dine in restaurants out of business ?

I hear this a lot especially when it comes to buffets. Not many people like to dine out anymore especially the  younger generation

I really don't care if they are, there has been plenty of time for dine out/in restaurants to make a comeback over the summer, if that is because people have less money to spend so be it,that is bound to happen for one reason or another, but if people are leaning more towards DoorDash etc. then there is nothing stopping any restaurant from tapping that market. I know if I had a restaurant that was struggling I'd definitely start working with those apps to make more sales, I once worked for Postmates and the amount the restaurant pays is usually minimal they just charge a lower price for food on the app because of the competition. Another thing and I am only speaking for myself, I used to treat myself to a lot of dinners from restaurants but stopped because now a lot of them rush me out when there are like 20 seats open and several people there before I arrived. It is just rude and takes the enjoyment out of food. There is one diner that knows me for years that I still go to because I won't turn my back on them. Aside, now I will get my food to go and eat at a bench if I am eating by myself. I also am glad I don't have to tip if people think it is okay to treat me this way. But that is just me I don't speak for all people on that.

Yeah they are but thats what change is. I mean you see people sticking to their mobile and internet all the time like we both doing right now.

Where do you think the stuff they deliver comes from?

No, those restaurants are still making the same amount of money. Uber, doordash, etc just pick up the food from the restaurant. It's actually better for the restaurants because they don't have to serve or clean up after anyone.

All restaurants are closed inside. Take out only.

Right now, it's keeping those businesses alive. I don't know how buffets are doing- I think it probably depends on the place and the quality of the food. And I don't know anyone in the "younger generation" who doesn't like to eat out. Before the shutdown, our restaurants and bars were full of people in their 20s and 30s. 

No, it's added business for the restaurants.

• Bob

No I don't think it's hurting dine in restaurants very much, if it's hurting them at all.

No. The cost of dine at home is too high, and the ambiance is too low.

Not really. It is keeping a lot of them in business right now.