would this be good enough to get out of jury duty?

I want to pretend I am incompetent to get out of jury duty. My plan id to pick my nose and then eat my booger. Would this get me dismissed from jury duty without getting me put in jail for contempt

Update:

I just dont want to risk being sequestered with no tv and internet and no phone. plus I am a picky eater 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

What jury duty? Nobody is holding court right now. We are in LOCKDOWN.

If you want to get out of jury duty...just tell them..."I can tell if someone it guilty...just by LOOKING at them"

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Dave
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Go there wearing a MAGA hat.  They'll NEVER pick you for Jury Duty again!  Of course, a Democrat voter would kill you, but that's the risk.

• 2 months ago

Jury selection is part random selection and part by deliberate choice (often by one of the attorneys). I have been through the process twice and selected once. Never have been sequestered or had to do with out internet or phone. Your fears are greatly out of line with reality.

Just be yourself and  more then likely some one will scratch your name off.

• 2 months ago

No.  The courthouse and judge will see right through your act.  Even if you get dismissed this time, you'll get called up more often.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

sounds like it is easier to just sniff some cayenne pepper before going in the sneezing, runny red eyes, etc. which shows you are sick and they will tell you to get out.

.Just have a little red cayenne on a hankie and rub your nose with it..'They are not going to want to inspect your hanky or get close enough to you to see if your really sick or not and your symptoms will be visible all across the room.

• 2 months ago

You certainly sound incompetent to me. 

• 2 months ago

No one likes jury duty but it is your civic responsibility and it can be really interesting if you're on a jury. However I'm sure you'll have no problem pretending to be incompetent . Good luck and stay safe!

• 2 months ago

It wont help, only way you can get out of it is with a medical note from your doctor saying you are unwell

• 2 months ago

just start coughing and sneezing everywhere and they think u have cornonavirus

• 2 months ago

Just tell the DA that you can tell if someone is guilty, just by looking at them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.