Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 months ago

Naked in the locker room with my son?

I've been thinking about taking my 5 y/o son for swimming at my gym, where I always get naked in the locker room. When giving him a shower and getting him changed is it wrong if I'm naked and he can see my dik? Is it normal for children to see their father naked, he isnt an infant anymore

Its normal for people to be naked in the shower room so its fine.

Not only should you not worry about it, you should do it.  It will make him more comfortable with him self and his going to have to get naked when he is in HS.  So start teaching him that’s it’s nothing, he will have what us young people call; big dick energy. 

yes, i saw my fathers when we took a shower, when i was small

• ron h

I'm revising my answer:   To tell you the truth, I think the logistics of navigating a 5 yr old around a pool and locker room are gonna be a pain in the ***.  I wouldn't do it.  If he's not seen YOU naked before, seeing you and other naked men for the first time is gonna be weird.

.

But over the next couple of years (5 is a late start) let him see you in the shower or

shaving so that he knows what men look like and at some point he'll ask / you'll tell him that you look like all other men-some are hairier and some are fatter than others.  And that when he's grown up, he'll look like you.  THEN when he's 7 or 8 and navigating him through a locker room will be easier, take him if he wants to go with you. 

Do you not live with your kid?

My 5 year old sees me naked pretty much every day. I don't mind, if he doesn't.

I'm sure someday he'll be grossed out, but maybe then he won't keep barging in while I'm trying to shower or take a dump.

• alan P

I don't see anything wrong with that.  As someone else has pointed out you are together in an environment where it's normal to be naked anyway.  But you had better wait until the corona virus risk has gone down.  Gyms and pools are closed where I am.

not sure ask your wife

not appropiate to get erect in his presence

• MigueI

I think it's normal. Probably he'll see others men naked in the locker room, so there's no problem if he sees you naked.

• Tavy

And we are supposed to believe this?