Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 4 months ago

Did you know the older Honda's and Toyotas can basically last forever if you take care of them?

• Jensen

They do last if taken good care of.

Honda's WHAT last forever?

Nope, not true.  Only if you park it as soon as you get it and it is in a concrete bunker so when the nukes fly, it is maybe safe.(or whorecanes, or tornadoes or earthquakes or exploding mountains of Lava...or continental shift where the fault opens up and California drops off into the Pacific ocean.) So forever means a longer time than you have imagined - (so I imagined for you).

Yes I do, I still see a lot of 1990's Honda's & Toyota's.

Just like the 1930's model Ford's and Chevy's, if you take care of them.

Yes, I know that.

Even with fanatic care - metal fatigue will eventually take it's toll, as well as deterioration of wiring, insulating, seat padding, glass crazing, etc. etc.

I am reminded of when - back in the 1960s - Mercedes were just starting to become popular in the US.  People thought of them as an "investment grade" car, ie one that could last indefinitely if cared for.

I obtained the maintenance books and among other things they considered part of the "Spring Tune Up" was measuring the main bearings for wear !!

Yes, just about anything can be made to last a long time - if you want to go broke doing it.

• arther

not the way the boys around here drive them. Nothing lasts forever when all the suspension bushes are chopped out, the shocks, disk and pads need replacing its due for a timing belt has minor oil leaks and wants a set of tyres does it make sense to spend that money on a 15 year old car?

• CB

At some point the repairs (a single repair) will be required that costs more than the worth of the car - at that point you are throwing good money after bad - true for ANY CAR.

Any car can basically last forever if you take care of it.  What can't last forever is your use of an apostrophe as if "Honda" in your question is possessive.