Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 months ago

video games riot your brain they say you cant deal with the real world is this true my dad said we cant get them they are devils toys?

i am the only one that still rides a bmx and plays football and runs track all my friends have video game systems we just moved here

my dad says games or cell phones old school family

Your dad is a ******* idiot. It’s been proven that video games do the opposite, and actually strengthen the parts of your brain that control hand-eye coordination, as well as problem-solving. So in truth, video games can make you smarter, and therefore your dad is overprotective, and too brain dead to realize what a devil’s toy actually is. For “god” to be against these things that make people happy, strengthen people’s minds, and let people embrace their creativity only pisses me off. News flash: there is no god. If there were a god, he wouldn’t have taken my mother from me and my siblings when we needed her most. So do me a favor and tell your dad to shut the **** up until he knows what he is saying.

Nonsense. You should tell your dad to do some research. Not a single healthy kid has been influenced by games in a bad way.

Yeah, maybe you should not play games until you can make a sentence that actually makes sense.

Listen to your dad, you'll probably have a great life if you knuckle down and try to practice a trade at a young age. But no gaming is fine. Hell it can cure depression and you'll meet some great friends. Moderation is key. But education is vital

He's right. Videogames have destroyed your ability to use proper grammar.

This sounds fake. Let's pretend it isn't.

There is no devil. There is no God. There is no Santa Claus. There is no Tooth Fairy. The only thing that will rot your brain is buying into that religious bullshit and believing your imaginary friend will grant your wishes. God is imaginary.

Video games tell stories, improve reflexes, and stimulate your brain. Keep exercising though, because that's also good for you.

I still have and ride sometimes my BMX bike. I take it you're not old enough for a motorcycle yet.  But you should get one when you are.

I also play hockey.  And which football are you referring to?  American Football or real football (which is called soccer in US).  I occasionally play football (soccer).

And I play video games often.  There is nothing wrong with playing video games.  They don't 'riot' your brain in the least.  In fact, a lot of video games stimulate the brain and are good for you (in moderation).

maybe your dad is right

Kind of funny you will be the weird, fit kid who doesn't do new technology. 

i dont think its true, your dad just dont like them