Anonymous

I got laid off because of the Coronavirus! What can I do?

I filled an application online on Saturday for a grocery store. I called back today to hear the status about my application. The person In charge of hiring said she would call back when she gets the chance. Did I call too soon? How long do you think she will call me back? I don’t want to mess this up. I recently was laid off and I’m looking for work. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Apply for unemployment & make sure to secure your stimulas check.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Boy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You should receive a check in the mail very soon

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Do you think you are the only applicant for this position? Usually, companies will wait until they have a pool of applicants, then they start reviewing applications and scheduling interviews.

• I usually give places like that about a week or two for them to contact me. If you didn't call asap when you submitted your application, or you called with in a few days of doing so, then it's not too early.

Contact them again, ask them if they would be interested in giving you an interview. If the answer is no then move on. 

Also you can file for unemployment insurance. You're not the only one that's going through this. A lot of people are applying for unemployment insurance, because they don't know if / when they will be going back to work. Keep applying to jobs that are essential, hopefully some one is interested in hiring you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

apply for unemployment. No way to tell when or if the grocery store will call you. good luck.

• 2 months ago

Give it 15 business days. If not, apply to another store. Try general labour (the generic jobs) out too.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Keep applying elsewhere. Amazon is hiring. 

• 2 months ago

I'm sure most places will not be hiring until this pandemic is over.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.