Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

How would you handle it if your daughter was 15, known as the weird girl at school, and she had no friends?

Very carefully, try talking to her. If she does not respond try suggesting she talks to someone older with more experience (at 64 I'm old enough to be her grandfather)

Source(s): Personal experience

Maybe you should make an effort to find out why your daughter is known as the "weird girl" at her school. Labels like that one are very damaging to children, and especially to teenagers. What is it about her that other students consider to be "weird"? When you find the answer to that question, you will understand how to help her.

As someone who was in the same situation as the daughter, make sure she knows you love her, and try to bolster her confidence. Shaming her for the things she likes will

not

help the situation. Engage in her interests and make sure you really listen to her. Remember that online friends can be good friends too, and that it can often be easier to find friends in a similar interest group online (make sure you talk to her about internet safety first though!). Good luck to both of you! 

• Try an outside group to get her involved in--church, 4H, dance class, perhaps volunteering in something she likes.

I'd 1st be wondring how in God's name

I even had said daughtr to bgin with &

then try my bst in cmfrting her ťhė bėśť!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I would hope I would love her anyways. I don’t have a daughter but as long as she is a moral and ethical person then whatever.