Why are LGBT people so easily offended in general by dissenting views?

I'm not offended or bothered by people saying they don't support gay marriage and what not, and certainly not views that go against the left leaning mainstream narrative within the LGBT community. I'm more bothered by intolerance of dissenting views.

@Anonymous "People who preach HATE are not expressing "dissenting views".

Define "hate". Also, why do you have to take things to the extreme? I'd appreciate it if you and others would stop conflating everything that doesn't align with your way of thinking with nazism.

@Emma I'm not confusing anything. I never made a distinction between opinions based on religion and opinions based on something else.

The term 'hate speech' has no legal significance in the United States.  It's just a phrase thrown around by intolerant people.  What the left and the LBGT community refer to as hate speech is called protected speech by the Supreme Court and by people intelligent enough to understand the first amendment.

• Tyler

Okay cringe boomer

They cannot handle that they are abnormal and hate being reminded of such facts... pure and simple

• ?2 months agoReport

Maureen is spot on with her analysis!

Because LGBT people are usually the ones being discriminated against in an overly hateful way. You don't usually see someone say something like "I'm not gay, and that life style just isn't for me." you'd usually see someone say something more like "It's disgusting!!" or "it's a sin and it's WRONG" instead of just being respectful. So LGBT people can be defensive

Most effeminate gays have been taught by radical leftists that their point of view is the only one that matters.

But thankfully the masculine gays do not listen to their drivel.  

People who are intolerant of intolerance are ironic.

• Emma

"I'm more bothered by intolerance of dissenting views"

You are confusing opinions (which everyone has), vs, people, usually, with religious opinions that THEIR religious beliefs should set public law in regards to lgbt.  Well lgbt people are christians too, and they have every right under current law to be free of someone ELSE'S religion in public law aka the public sector.  Science, medical evidence, and the law, sets civil rights, NOT someone ELSE'S religion or deeply held beliefs.

• Emma

Pedophilia and the catholic church, are you ok with that, Oh btw, pedophilia has a victim there are no victims because someone is lgbt.  And to even compare pedophilia with lgbt shows your lack of intelligence, they are oil to water.

Gay marriage is a life and death issue for the gay community. Without the legal protection of marriage - partners can’t get visitation rights in hispitals, they loose rights of survirship, they lose rights of power of attorney, they lose adoption rights. There is not enough space here - I can go on for paragraphs. In the US - if you were to get a lawyer to set up every single right that a marriage gives through a lawyer - it would be well 20,000 dollars. And most of us don’t have that lying around. So someone that has been living in the house for most of their life could suddenly be evicted by a niece or nephew who is the legal heir but never even visited them - all because there was no will and no one was expecting the partner to go so suddenly. And that is just one example. Something like marriage equality is literally a life and death issue and to say you are against it to our faces is not something to be taken lightly.

• Peter

Nothing to do with love then?

Because many of the people there just want attention. People who actually want rights want to be seen as normal people not a special protected class.

If your observation was for one person then you would have a valid point.

The fact so many are offended says its wrong.

Lets just consider one topic that you listed. Same sex marriage.

A hypothetical.

4 doors down the street from me are two males who have been living there now for 2 months. That is about all I know about them.

The possibilities.

They could be married. They could be partners. They could be friends.

They could be brothers. They could be father and so. They could be work mates in town for work. They could be unemployed or just on hard times so forced to share and so reduce cost. They could students.

A note. I have known people who have lived in all of those households.

You see the many possibilities there and yet what ever the arrangement is, how does it matter to me. If they share a bed of just share cost, it has absolute no impact on me or my life.

If you can think of how their living arrangement can impact on me please do share.

LGTBQ people are pretty much insecure and neurotic by definition.  They also crave attention.

• Tyler

Says the fool spouting intentionally ~edgy and controversial~ BS to irk people into responding. Whoops, I gave you attention, you win.