Was the guy who went to Planet Pizza with a gun actually the one acting in an ethical fashion?

Update:

Presumably; many people sincerely believed that children were being molested there. However, just one guy decided it was worth doing something about. 

Update 2:

The person in question is a gullible naif and he knows that now in his prison cell, but at least he is not a cynic. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

if you watch t.v. these days, there are a great number of crime shows; it is easily possible to fill one's own imagination with such ideas about evil-crimes happening everywhere.

real crime does exist, but the real police are pretty good about ending it. this is why the jails are full to overflowing. 

the second problem is one of theodicy: the problem of evil in society.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Possibly, although it's easy to be deluded or mislead. We do have enforceable standards and those authorised to enforce them. I question exactly what evidence the person in question obtained before taking unilateral action, or what action was taken to present this evidence to the relevant enforcement agencies

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Go ask in the LAW & ETHICS  forum. 

• michinoku2001
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The question belongs here because it is fundamentally about epistemology.

• 2 months ago

I don't think so. I don't know all the actual details, but going into a situation that he had no firsthand knowledge of, and waving a gun around, is irresponsible. I understand that he may have had good intentions, but he should have involved law enforcement, and made an attempt to inform himself of the actual situation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.