D3stroy3r asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Is it possible to just wear contacts without having a backup pair of glasses? ?

• Bill

It depends how bad your eyesight is without glasses or contacts.

Yes its possible but not a very good idea! When I started wearing contacts, I never wore glasses before that ! I know that I should have had a pair of glasses and never got my first pair till after I had a problem with one of my eyes like 13 years after I started wearing contacts! It was weird to say the least when I got my first pair of glasses as I hated them and only wore them around the house. Now that my eyes have got worse and I need bifocals, I wear glasses 95 percent of the time. I have worn contacts for over 30 years but I have got used to wearing glasses and actually like wearing them! The only time I wear contacts is when I am outside for an extended amount of time and that is not every time. I wear my glasses going to work and every where else. You should get a pair of glasses and just wear them for awhile to give your eyes a break from contacts! You might find that you like glasses better as contacts can be expensive and a pair at times!

Of course it's possible , but if you can't get along without your contacts what will happen if for some reason you can't wear them for a few days, like a bad cold or an infection ?

You can also drive a car without a spare tire, but what if ?