Why are some people ignoring the warnings regarding the Coronavirus?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Shadow
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

They probably think they won't get the Coronavirus. It can happen to anybody at any stage. My country, Ireland, might be on its way to lockdown since there are some people who are either stupid or don't bother with the news by being close to each other when they're supposed to be at 2 meters distance.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Because they don't add 2 and 2. They don't equate that coronavirus is literally out there in the world, and *anyone* can be infected. They think just because they can't see any infected cases or not suffering symptoms themselves, they are immune from it. This is particularly true with 20 year olds - kinda expected, but they really have to take notice of the warnings.

Even Prince Charles and Bon Jovi's son has the coronavirus now. No one, regardless of their position or how much money they have, is immune to coronavirus.

• 2 months ago

because they don't believe it's any worse than the flu.

• Fred
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I feel it's a failure to understand it's ability to overwhelm current levels of health care and those same people can not grasp the concept of elongating the  health care spike into an elongated curve the present health facilities can manage or elongated into finding an inoculation that can end the health hazard cycle.

Some sources claim this could (WILL) drag on into August! 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

50,000 a year die of flu

• Telly2 months agoReport

Not the first time I heard that one. Do you honestly want to wait for a year of Coronavirus to see if more people die from it than the flu?

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

because too many idiots are claiming it's just another flu

• 2 months ago

They just assume that they may be lucky and won't get infected, but who knows.

• 2 months ago

Maybe they are wondering nothing will happen to them.

• 2 months ago

Cause half there deaths aint related to Corona virus there probale cases there not 100percent an only 2 percent out of 100 are dieying so I think rape kills more

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe they forget like I did today about keeping a safe distance. A checkout operator told me to stand further away from the customer being attended to until the customer left. I learnt my lesson. Others don't realise the importance yet or are too dumb to care. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.