Will human beings colonize Mars by 2030?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

my guess,a team will get there to dig around,chop, drill for water examine mars soil,possibly w/in the next couple years, and  report news that mars was inhabited, ( go see joe at art alien TV,a brit guy with ks of stills of mars terrain,,you tube,,make up your mind add this guys vids to the mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCT7a21F5R4

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • D g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

a f'in virus is screwing up the worlds economy  what do you think

• 2 months ago

Highly unlikely

• 2 months ago

No. I was born in 1967. In the early 1970s I got very excited about Nixon's plan to have NASA launch a human mission to Mars in 1979. This didn't happen and they started talking about one in 1986, which also didn't happen, then one in 1992 or something, and so on. A human mission to Mars is always a few years off, and when the year comes it's always been postponed. This will continue until they just give up, or maybe it'll just go on and on like it has for the past fifty years or more. They're clearly never actually going to do it :-( .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Very unlikely that any other object in the solar system will be colonized,

• 2 months ago

I doubt we'll have stepped foot on Mars by that time. Maybe by 2040, we'll have visited; but we won't be ready to colonize.

• jehen
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably not. It's been almost 50 years since any human went beyond low earth orbit, and there is not sufficient collective will to mount such an endeavor. Besides it makes so much more sense to explore our solar system robotically. Be that as it may I think that some bazillionaire or nation will get a human to Mars in the next 20 years - for bragging rights, not permanent presence or colonization. But if AI and technology advances sufficiently, and sufficient resources are found and extracted on Mars, our machines could build and outfit a habitat for humans and all we need to do is get there and check in.

• ...Show all comments
    • jehen
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

It is inevitable the AI will decide, and pretty much decide everything.  What it decides won't be based on ego, power, goodness, evil, tribe or country. It will be based on math to balance the short term and long term outcomes for the continuity of human cognition.  Well, maybe...  

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. the most that's possible is send a few people on a one-way trip.

• 2 months ago

Not possible, and there is no meaning in colonizing it.

• 2 months ago

I'm not sure..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.