How badly affected is your city?

It's pretty bad. I may have to eat me Basset Hound puppy. 

I know that one faculty member at the university has tested positive, as well as one student. 

We're in a poor area and therefore many including myself who suddenly found themselves 

either unable or not allowed to work are definitely going to feel the outcome for quite awhile.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Compared to the rest of the country, we are suffering economically quite terribly (universities and stores closed down, unemployment rate rising, food courts closed down and only takeaway is allowed) but do not have that many cases as other states.

getting worse........................

Newport News, VA. School shut down 2 weeks ago and isn't opening for the rest of the year. Hardly anyone where I am ever comes outside and we wash out hands before everything. Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and gloves are running out as well. (quarantine is amazing, online school is awful) 

Source(s): A high schooler staying up to date with everything

I live in L.A....'nuff said as its national news. But the Navy hospital ship arrived this morning at our port and hopefully that'll help. 

Los Angeles.  The mayor is telling us to shelter in place for months.  The stores are out of toilet paper.  (They're also out of paper towels and napkins and facial tissue.)

• Zirp

this is not a chat-site                                                reported

Not that bad, so far. We shall see what the next two weeks brings us. There are still some idiots who aren't taking it seriously enough. Melbourne has about 500-600 confirmed cases, about 200 have recovered, and so far only 3 have died here, I think. I dunno, my information may be out of date.

Our political leaders did an "average" job of locking down the situation in time. We won't experience anything like the horrors in Italy, but the case could be made that they could have acted sooner... Now, just about everything that isn't essential is closed down, self isolation is mandatory for anyone who travelled overseas, and I'm fully in support of all that, under the circumstances. And I'm just spending the day at work avoiding proximity to other people and washing my hands after touching a door handle.

We are strictly not in lockdown. People are going to work and those who are on leave are rushing to the train station to buy tickets to take them home, increasing the chances of people getting the virus. My city/country is full of sub-humans mate. One person died from non corona related disease because the doctors refused to treat her, suspecting coronavirus as the patient had just returned from Canada. Overall 5 are dead and 40 infected till now.