Ahai
Ahai asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

Why is not putting the toilet seat back down a bad thing? ?

cause when a woman goes to use the toilet she has to put the seat down

• Carol

Actually it makes no difference because the alligators can jump ten feet high

cause people can get hurt sitting on it

I am going to make understanding this easy for you.

Do you put the lid back on your mayonnaise jar after you use it?

Do you close the trunk of your car before you drive?

Do you close your car window when it rains?

Do you shut the front door?

Do you close the lid on the washing machine.

You see, things close for many reasons. If it has a lid on it, it is meant to be closed.

It is pretty elementary and does not take much brain power to understand the why of it all.

Toilets spray airborne droplets when they are flushed. Who wants those germs on the sink vanity or the towels and toothbrush? Not me.

Keeping a toilet lid down has several safety factors to consider. Small children can drop things in a toilet or even topple over and drown in a toilet and, pets may want to drink toilet water if the lid is carelessly left open.

This is NOT about boys/men vs girls/ladies, this toilet bowl lid confusion is created in the minds of people who want control or power.

Edit:this goes for seats and lids. Common courtesy is a very elementary thought.

For girls, they might sit down and not notice and fall in. I've done it pooping once or twice. But that problem is solved, girls are violators too of this, if we all agreed to put the whole lid down. Nobody wants to be reminded of or see, depending of your cleaning habits, pink, yellow, brown stains of poop while brushing their teeth or showering. Or drop things in by accident.

Moreover, it's bad feng Shui to leave the toilet lid open. The sentiment being, 'going down the toilet.'

It depends on circumstances. When I was a kid I was out numbered 3 to 1 so the rule was to put it down. When I was married with kids I would out numbers 2 to 1 with one of the two being my wife. The rule was to put it down. Now I live alone because the kids are grown and my wife has passed. I leave it up. 

Ambiguous question. Woman wants it down, men forget and/or could not care. Both sitting with the dilemma. Up or down...... a gender preference.

Peace.

because it allows alligators to climb up the toilet from the sewer

It isn't. When I use it I usually require it to be up  so I leave it that way. If others want to use it and want it down, they can put it down. It's my toilet, I leave the seat where it is most convenient for me. If I'm at someone else's house, I leave it the way I find it.

Because someone can fall in when they try to sit down without looking.