Would it be possible to abolish I.C.E. , and what steps would need to be taken to accomplish this ?
If you were born before March 1, 2003, then you are older than Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a law enforcement immigration agency part of the Department of Homeland Security. This agency was formed as one of the child agencies of the DHS after 9/11 as a way to combat terrorism, foreign invasion and illegal immigration. Donald Trumps presidency has demonized immigrants and he is currently in office on his sole legal promise to get strict on border security and immigration. ICE is currently deporting good families who work cold winters/hot summers picking fruits and veggies so that we Americans can simply enjoy a plate of food and a glass of wine. Would it be possible to eliminate ICE or for the very least, replace it to stop the separation of families
- Lisa ALv 72 months ago
Good families do not violate US law: immigration law, tax law, etc.
- W.T. DoorLv 72 months ago
The agency known as ICE was called the Immigration and Naturalization Service before is was renamed in the post-9/11 reorganizations.
We need to do six things to improve immigration security and HUGELY reduce the problems caused to our society by illegal aliens:
1. Put in place controls on the borders so illegal entries are reduced. It is not possible to actually > end < illegal entries, but we can greatly reduce them.
2. Deport illegals who commit additional crimes, and imprison them if they return.
3. Close the gaps in the current laws which allow employers in the USA to hire people as "day labor" without checking their right to work in the USA. That includes civil and criminal penalties for the employers.
4. Review governmental social welfare programs to ensure people who are not eligible (such as illegal aliens) are not getting benefits.
5. Cease counting non-citizens in the census for allocation of US House of Representatives seats.
6. Require that people prove they are a US citizen who is alive, an adult, and not a rights-suspended felon in order to vote.
Note that # 3 and # 4 will cause millions upon millions of illegals to go home the same way they got here: On their own. Enforcing # 5 and # 6 will end the influence illegal aliens have on our government.
If illegal aliens typically voted Republican the Left would want a wall all the way around the USA (not just on the southern border) and retinal scan identity verification to vote, get a job, etc.
- ibu guruLv 72 months ago
ICE replaced INS, which existed for decades. Persons not legally present in US have NO right to be in the country & NO right to work. Break the law & pay the consequences. You can change the name all you want, but laws must be enforced.
- FoofaLv 72 months ago
You can certainly lobby your elected officials to change basic ICE policies but you can't leave any nation completely bereft of immigration controls...that's what we call anarchy and certain demise. Before ICE we had the INS and they basically still perform the same function. The apparent "fix" to "separating families" was to leave them all together in Mexico to await processing. But the sheer numbers coming make it absolutely impossible for the US to corral all that want to enter within extant US detention facilities. The crush has simply overwhelmed our infrastructure...which begs the question...are you really suggesting the US should throw even more money at creating an even bigger migrant detention infrastructure? Because that would be the only way to accommodate the numbers we've been seeing at the southern border. No, catch and release (never to return for court) is NOT a viable option. Aside from the point that anyone trying to enter the US (the global leader in pandemic infection) right at this moment isn't thinking responsibly.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- MaxiLv 72 months ago
No.......... ICE needs an increase in staff and funds to enable them to expand their great work............ the illegals can keep their own families together by not breaking the law and staying in their own country/or returning to their own country along with all their family
- audreyLv 72 months ago
I hope not. ICE does a valuable job!
- Justin ThymeLv 72 months ago