If Will Smith is really black, why does he not have an African sounding name?
- Anonymous2 months ago
He descends from slaves, and they were given new names when auctioned off to Whites.
- HAPPY PUPPY!Lv 72 months ago
He is an american black person.
- NPG StarlettLv 42 months ago
You must be joking. Just because a person is African, doesn't mean he has to have an African-sounding name by law. You can choose any name you want for yourself, regardless of your race/ ethnicity or the ethnic origins of a particular name.
I'm of Irish ancestry and my name is English/ French-sounding. So what gives?
- Jagger OttoLv 72 months ago
It's a slave name.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Fell In LoveLv 72 months ago
Because black people can have commonly used names.
- alan PLv 72 months ago
What about the footballer Mario Balotelli? His parent were both black Africans but he is an Italian born in Italy.
- ILoveCoffeeLv 52 months ago
I can't believe people actually believe Will Smith is black. He is WHITE. You have all been fooled.
- ?Lv 42 months ago
Inflitration of white race
- nineteenthlyLv 72 months ago
Because his ancestors would've had their names stolen from them when they were enslaved.
- JohnLv 72 months ago
You seem new.................