Do you think this is an opportunistic moment for another country to invade the United States? Let me tell you why I see this. What?

Think about it: United States residents are restricted. They cannot leave out their house to go earn a pay check. The military cannot get its funding as a result. 2 trillion already went to Coronavirus stimulus package. I am thinking China or Korea may be thinking in their mind; this is the right time...if you catch my drift. I don't want to give these nations any ideas; but I am sure it has crossed these other nations minds already. Is China ready to face the armed citizen; because the U.S. Military will be lacking because of lack of citizens earning a paycheck to pay taxes.

The US military is still getting its funding in the way the rest of the nation is, buying going into debt.

• Judith

Are you stupid?  You don't think that other countries are experiencing the same problem with COVID-19 just as we are?  Because if you don't think so maybe you should start paying attention to the news.

I fully believe that China is under-reporting their problem.  This is hitting China just as hard as other countries - economically as well.  As for North Korea wouldn't take much for us to put them down and if they are experiencing the virus (and why wouldn't they be) they aren't about to tell the world that perfect Korea isn't perfect.

• martin

Any horror such as war between two giant nations would not come down to armed citizen levels. Nuclear warheads on missiles create nightmarish thoughts, but also restrain thoughts of war between major countries.

What a juvenile question. Virtually ALL countries are in very similar positions. China?!! Not worth a comment. Korea is TWO countries! North Korea is a rogue state claiming to have no cases of the virus, but being what they are and having a border with China makes this completely unbelievable. Rather like you, Brian - I doubt that you will be giving any country ideas! 

• Brian2 months agoReport

They probably already thought of it.  

• KaleyK

It would be an opportune time.  However, neither China nor North Korea nor any country has the ability to reach the United States.  They have no blue water navy and no expeditionary capability.  Transporting a military force capable of invading a country the size of the United States across 3,000 miles of ocean is a huge undertaking.  Further, US satellites would spot the marshaling of these forces.  When they reached the open ocean this force would be greeted by the United States Navy.

One can argue that Mexico and Canada can reach the United States.  Both countries are extremely friendly with the United States.  Most Canadians live within two hours drive of the US.  Also, Canadian geography would prevent a large foreign military force from deploying due to the Rocky Mountains and the Canadian Shield.  Now consider Mexico which operates zero battle tanks.  They would not last 30 minutes in a battle with the United States.  And the same issue with deployment of a large foreign army.  Assuming a hostile country could deploy an army uninhibited by the US Navy, it will now have to cross several hundred miles of high plains desert to reach the US Border ... only to be greeted by the US Army defending its home turf.

• Brian2 months agoReport

I like this answer, you about to get awarded best answer; until I see someone that has better.  I don't think I will get it.  

Every country in the world is vulnerable right now because of the virus.  It also means that every country is weaker than usual and less able to make an effective attack.  The US isn't the only country affected.