Dru Zod asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why are countries with socialized medicine like France and the UK doing so much worse than the US when treating Covid?

59 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Socialized medicine is based on rationed care . As such , it is not geared to meet " patient demand " .

• ...Show all comments
    • brother_in_magic
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

No, it would not improve. You yanks die younger  and have 3rd world rates of mother/child mortality, and your healthcare is only ranked 37th in the  WORLD. Ours is around 11.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

oh.... you forgot to have Italy and Spain, Australia, New Zealand, and China on your list which is ALSO GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED MEDICINE.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The larger the(population, the more hospitals there are. The more hospitals there are, there would be more people that could be treated. Another reason is that the USA, Canada, and Australia have better health systems than the UK, although the UK was where the first vaccine was invented. When COVID-19 came, people were not prepared for it. But the better is better and America and Canada are kicking the virus' butt.

• 2 months ago

They have higher number than we do. Overrunning services. They both have more hospital beds per person that we do here. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You mention medicine, there isn't a vaccine available that will treat Covid-19. It may take up to 18 months to have one.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They're not.  The U.S. now has more cases of COVID-19 than any other nation on Earth.  Try to stay caught up, Ivan.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ben Dover
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

A larger population is going to have more cases, Hoss.  Look at percentages instead of numbers.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Remember France once had 11k dead from a heat wave, their social medicine blows. Water and simple cheap box fans would have saved most of those people.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You got it wrong. The US response is more fvcked-up than many developing countries. 

• 2 months ago

I look out the 5th floor window of my office building. I see the window is wet. I conclude it must have rained.  Unfortunately the windows are wet because the window washers  are in the process of cleaning the building windows.

• Tyson2 months agoReport

But do you have scientific proof that the windows are in fact wet?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

France has around 1,995 deaths , U.S. around 1301, and UK 759, give or take since this is very recent statistical info but more deaths may have already occurred. I don't know if you really care about the accuracy of your facts. I'm assuming making your political statement is more important to you than avoiding spreading "fake news". Maybe you could spend your time more productively....go hoard some TP maybe???

Fool.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not to mention Italy and Spain.  

Socialized healthcare strips away many inherent cost containment incentives. To keep costs down, resources are limited, causing long waits and in some cases denying the elderly care even in the best of times.   In the worst of times such systems are incredibly overwhelmed.    

• ...Show all comments
    • brother_in_magic
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Even since this post began US deaths and infections have risen exponentially as EXPECTED, since they are 1-3 weeks behind other infected countries.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.