I have a question about being laid off and vacation/sick days?

If you are laid off from your job, do you get your vacation and sick days paid to you in your last paycheck?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Depends upon the company.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

You do not get your sick days. You usually get your vacation days.

• 2 months ago

Sick days are usually not paid.

If you are in a state that treats vacation accruals as income, you will get your vacation accrual (this is CA, IL, NC, and maybe a couple of other states but IL & NC have restrictions).

If you aren't in a state that treats vacation accrual as income, then it's up to company policy if you will be paid or not. 

• ricky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Up to your employer. Unless you’re being permanently let go, vacation and sick leave should not be a part of your pay. They should pay you for your hours, and then you file for unemployment. If they pay you sick leave and vacation, you’re not qualified for those days for unemployment. You weren’t unemployed, you were on vacation. Can’t do that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

usually not ..........................

• 2 months ago

My company doesn't...but then my company is run by a BAD WORD who first made everyone agree to work as contractors during this thing and then fired all of the contractors. He is a bad word on top of all bad words and I hope that he receives daily enemas from an inmate serving time for...I dunno.....giving mustard enemas?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.