Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

A have a question for waitresses and cocktail waitresses?

If I were your busser and I tell you: "Go to sell some drinks because I need to pay rent," would you feel offended?

I would wonder why a "busser" thinks there is any connection between what I do and how he gets paid for what he does. 

I might be tempted to retort with something like, "if you need rent, maybe ask for a raise."

Seriously, why would any waitress care how a busser gets paid, let alone how he spends it?

• Raymond2 months agoReport

bussers need the tips given by waitresses. They have to work hard to get them. Later the busser gets a % on that tip.

Yes. You're my underling and I don't take orders from you.

If you want to make snarky remarks to fellow employees, be prepared for negative blowback.

i wouldnt want someone to say that to me

• Elaine

Offended isn't the word I would use. I would consider the source of the comment as not meriting a response. In other words I would take as much notice of both the comment and the person as you would an ant. 

• Elaine

How would your comment be degrading to me?  How would it make me feel badly about your personal situation? 

No. I'd tell you to learn your place in the food chain and know your role.

• The Football God

In the automotive industry, your behavior with a co-worker has led to fights, arrests, cars vandalized and even worse. When you have an issue, ALWAYS bring it to your higher up, but under NO circumstances do you confront a co-worker. As for YOUR rent, that's a YOU issue. Everyone works for a reason.