Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

A have a question for waitresses and cocktail waitresses?

If I were your busser and I tell you: "Go to sell some drinks because I need to pay rent," would you feel offended?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I would wonder why a "busser" thinks there is any connection between what I do and how he gets paid for what he does. 

I might be tempted to retort with something like, "if you need rent, maybe ask for a raise."

Seriously, why would any waitress care how a busser gets paid, let alone how he spends it?

• Raymond2 months agoReport

bussers need the tips given by waitresses. They have to work hard to get them. Later the busser gets a % on that tip.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. You're my underling and I don't take orders from you.

• 2 months ago

If you want to make snarky remarks to fellow employees, be prepared for negative blowback.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i wouldnt want someone to say that to me

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Offended isn't the word I would use. I would consider the source of the comment as not meriting a response. In other words I would take as much notice of both the comment and the person as you would an ant. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Elaine
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

How would your comment be degrading to me?  How would it make me feel badly about your personal situation? 

• 2 months ago

No. I'd tell you to learn your place in the food chain and know your role.

• ...Show all comments
    • The Football God
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

In the automotive industry, your behavior with a co-worker has led to fights, arrests, cars vandalized and even worse. When you have an issue, ALWAYS bring it to your higher up, but under NO circumstances do you confront a co-worker. As for YOUR rent, that's a YOU issue. Everyone works for a reason.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.