Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Can you cook raw turkey meat in the microwave?

It’s thawed out already...and I know an oven will make it taste better but health/safety-wise am I okay doing this?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

you can, it will still cook, quality of result wont be very tasty i think

probably want to clean microwave real good after

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes, but it will be tricky to get it just right, not good if you overdo it, a good idea would be to dice cook with some veggies in a stock and make a simple stew in the micro. The stock will prevent it drying out. A good selection of veg would be onions carrots and peas.

• Walt
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

yes I do it all the time when I don't have time

• 2 months ago

you can cook it how ever you want to as long as it gets heated to at least 165 degrees.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The simple answer is, yes you can cook turkey or any meat in a microwave.

As someone else points out, you'd need to make sure it was cooked properly but you'd need to do that however you cooked it.

• 2 months ago

Why would you think a microwave would be any better than the oven? Both will cook them properly, and a microwave can easily ruin meat if you don't microwave it properly.

• ...Show all comments
    • ♥Sweetness♥
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Here are two websites I found. The first is to cook a whole turkey, the second is for a turkey breast:
      https://mashable.com/2014/11/25/cook-a-turkey-in-the-microwave/
      https://www.cooks.com/recipe/s96b07jv/microwave-turkey-breast.html

• GFH
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yes, you can cook raw turkey in a microwave

• Janet
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Risky.

While you may cook the meat well-enough, the MW does NOT kill any bacteria that may have gotten into/onto the meat. And freezing doesn't kill bacteria.

The microwave doesn't heat the meat up for LONG enough to kill the bacteria .. and if you DID cook it in the microwave for long enough, the meat would dry out and become tough and inedible.

• ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

this is not true. While microwaves may not kill bacteria, the heat formed by microwaves does. In order for anything to be "cooked" it has to reach a certain temperature and as long as that meat is 165 F it is cooked and safe.

• 2 months ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.