home depot pay?

so i got a job at home depot in illinois where the pay is 12.50/hr. im leaving for college in august and i'll be in kentucky. they said they would probably transfer me to a home depot there when i move but the pay there is 8/hr. what are the chances i'll get to keep my current wage?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Zero chance. The cost of living in Kentucky is also lower, and the minimum wage is probably lower also. You will be paid the going rate for the location you’re actually working.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Highly unlikely.

• 2 months ago

Zero.  The standard of living is also less in Kentucky.   The pay reflects the area where you live.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no chance- zero..........................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Slim to none. KY has a lower standard of living than IL.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Almost none.

Pay is often based on cost of living in an area and not always on the job description.

You could transfer from one location to another location for the exact same job but end up with a different pay scale due to cost of living in that area.

Also - some states have a different minimum wage requirement.  If you are leaving a state with a higher minimum wage and going to a state with a lower minimum wage - then it is extremely unlikely that you would keep the higher pay.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.