Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Is it illegal to tase a dog?

Contact your Animal Control office and ASK.  Odds are, unless you were actually being attacked (not just threatened) it would be illegal. Tasing can sometimes cause the heart to stop and can kill some people or animals it is used on.  Pepper spray or mace will not kill anything but will "FOLD UP" (aka crumple into a pile or retreating mess) any attacking dog if applied to its face.

A taser can kill even big dogs. It is safe on humans but could be deadly for dogs. Google your question. Learn more about it.

• Jessica2 months agoReport

Hey I once searched for information about this problem because I also have problems like you I found the answer here  https://bit.ly/391FGG9

I carry a taser, and I used it when my dog was attacked by an off lead dog.  I did get arrested for animal cruelty, but a Judge found me not guilty.

it might be illegal

If you were being attacked, I recommend pepper spray in the face .  Tasing is a little extreme. 

• Mark

Not if it's obviously, it's going to do harm to you.  (You can't just walk down a street, tasing dogs in fenced yards, even if they bark at you.)