Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Is it illegal to tase a dog?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Contact your Animal Control office and ASK.  Odds are, unless you were actually being attacked (not just threatened) it would be illegal. Tasing can sometimes cause the heart to stop and can kill some people or animals it is used on.  Pepper spray or mace will not kill anything but will "FOLD UP" (aka crumple into a pile or retreating mess) any attacking dog if applied to its face.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

A taser can kill even big dogs. It is safe on humans but could be deadly for dogs. Google your question. Learn more about it.

• Jessica2 months agoReport

Hey I once searched for information about this problem because I also have problems like you I found the answer here  https://bit.ly/391FGG9

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I carry a taser, and I used it when my dog was attacked by an off lead dog.  I did get arrested for animal cruelty, but a Judge found me not guilty.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it might be illegal

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you were being attacked, I recommend pepper spray in the face .  Tasing is a little extreme. 

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not if it's obviously, it's going to do harm to you.  (You can't just walk down a street, tasing dogs in fenced yards, even if they bark at you.)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.