There was a sheriff deputy who was too close to me in line. I asked him if I could get 6 feet space. Did I do the right thing?

I was at the counter of the gas station when it happened. He said "Are you serious?" And I said, "Yup, six feet social distancing." Another guy joined the back of the line and the cop made a smart remark, "Don't get too close. Apparently this guy needs his space like he's walking around with a tape measure or something." But hey, I am just playing it safe, you know. People in my county have coronavirus, including three sheriff deputies today. I wasn't rude about it at all. Just playing it safe.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

You must live in one of those places where people aren't taking this seriously (and are continuing to spread the virus).

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

You did what was necessary for you and your choice has become common in society.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think you did anything wrong, youre supposed to do that

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Mouthing off to a legally armed person possibly following up on a crime, is always smart.

• guitarman2 months agoReport

Nope. I never mouthed off to him. I was never rude. I asked politely for some space. A few seconds afterwards when he made his remarks to the other person in line, I did not say a word. I didn't even look back. I simply paid for my gas and pumped my gas and went home.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

i dont think a lot of people are taking it seriously

• 2 months ago

Yes, you did the right thing

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.