There was a sheriff deputy who was too close to me in line. I asked him if I could get 6 feet space. Did I do the right thing?

I was at the counter of the gas station when it happened. He said "Are you serious?" And I said, "Yup, six feet social distancing." Another guy joined the back of the line and the cop made a smart remark, "Don't get too close. Apparently this guy needs his space like he's walking around with a tape measure or something." But hey, I am just playing it safe, you know. People in my county have coronavirus, including three sheriff deputies today. I wasn't rude about it at all. Just playing it safe.

You must live in one of those places where people aren't taking this seriously (and are continuing to spread the virus).

You did what was necessary for you and your choice has become common in society.

i dont think you did anything wrong, youre supposed to do that

Mouthing off to a legally armed person possibly following up on a crime, is always smart.

• guitarman2 months agoReport

Nope. I never mouthed off to him. I was never rude. I asked politely for some space. A few seconds afterwards when he made his remarks to the other person in line, I did not say a word. I didn't even look back. I simply paid for my gas and pumped my gas and went home.

i dont think a lot of people are taking it seriously

Yes, you did the right thing