Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Could I get into the University of Colorado Boulder for engineering?

Boulder is the best engineering school in Colorado but I've read that is very selective. They denied my brother this year after he applied with a 3.78 and a 1420 SAT. He was placed in the College of Arts and Sciences.

I am currently a sophomore and I am taking all the challenging classes. This semester all of my classes have been converted online due to COVID-19. These are my first semester grades

AP Human Geography A

AP World History B

Algebra 2 Honors A

Chemistry Honors A

English Honors B

Physical Ed A

I am also involved in the school's tennis team and I am currently seeking the Treasurer position for Associated Students Board

Here is the admission snapshot: 25th Percentile Unweighted GPA: 3.89 / 75th Percentile Unweighted GPA: 4.00. 25th Percentile SAT: 1310 / 75th Percentile SAT: 1480. Average starting salary with a BS: $75,000. Median Career Salary: $117,000. 9 Month Employment Rate: 91%

Your likelihood of being accepted will depend on your unweighted cumulative GPA at the time of you application, you SAT/ACT score, and how those compare to the other applicants.  

There's no way to guess what your "resume" will be or how competitive it will be.  All you can do is do your best in the here and now.  

You're only a sophomore; it's too soon to predict whether you'll be able to get in. The Colorado School of Mines is also strong in engineering.