Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

How to stop being the quiet guy at work?

I’m sick of being the quiet dude at work. How can I start socializing with people at my job and not be awkward? Everytime I try and start one with a new person it goes sour in like 30 seconds.

I usually will ask questions but it can turn into an interview after certain points.

• Dejair

Evolution is not about a weekend seminar. From - to + there is one path, one life of work. Make the choice and go on : to participate till the death or to glorify till the immortality ?

By understanding,work is for money.

Not to be socializing.

Don’t be too serious. 

You are who you are, if you are quiet, nothing is going to change that.  People  go to work to work, to earn money not enrich their social life.

If as I suspect  you want to shake of the shy guy at work thing start with small talk. The weather, sports, the latest TV shows, local news. 

Let them do the talking and practice active listening. People love being listened to but remember you are trying to be friendly, not conduct an inquisition. Greet people when you first get into work and smile.