Life saving tips for Mom who lives in modular home during tornado season. I am worried for her?

My Mom and Dad are divorced I am 18 and have lived in one of the most rural counties in mid-western Ohio hometown has 4600 people. My Dad lives in a farmhouse on a farm with a basement and storm cellar but my Mom lives 45 minutes in another farm town in the next county over (Rural county also) in a town of 2500 people she lives in the middle of nowhere living in a modular home with a barn where she puts her car in but her house has no basement or storm cellar and her neighbors live over a mile down the road. I am scared for her because she lives alone and more and more tornadoes are hitting all over Ohio in recent years she would have nowhere to go not to mention I had 3 relatives on her side of my family die in a tornado in the 50's its scary. I am just looking out for my parents. I helped her buy a Noaa radio and find a generator but where she lives their is no shelter, she lives on a farm on a backroad. Im just worried

We actually had a tornado pass by about 4 years ago that I watched pass through the field across the street from her house I watched it from the window. and every year their is a tornado warning for where she lives several times a year. I just don't want to see anything happen to her

you could ask her to go live with you

i would worry more if i lived in a mobile home / trailer

Rick's idea is the most sensible and logical. You need to dig a hole in the ground with some kind of cover over the top. Or she could just go to the assigned evacuation place if there is one and risk it there. You could check if there's one with the local council or police, fire, ambulance. Maybe she should consider moving where tornadoes don't come through. 

• Rick B

Perhaps you could help her to dig/build a storm cellar near her front door where she could go in the event of a tornado?