Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My mom got laid off from her part time job, how will this affect our family?

My dad still has his job and makes $181,000.00 a year but due to coronavirus at my local school my mom lost her job.  My mom who was msking $16,000  a year (it's a part time job she works half a day). Will losing this $16,000  a year greatly impact my family.

i dont think it will since your dad is making really good money

Do not be greedy!  Some families have to live off just $10,000. a year!  Are your parents out of control?   Are you too high/greedy a spender yourself?

Pray to GOD for help! 

• audrey

If your dad really makes that kind of money, your mom shouldn't HAVE to work at all.

Since we are all staying home more and not driving as much I would say not much at all.

That depends on what kind of expenses they have. Provided your dad keeps his job 

& paid on time it shouldn't have a major impact, but be supportive towards your mom, 

as it's not an easy situation for her (I know having lost my job due to Covid-19 as well).

• Rick B

I would certainly hope not. If your dad makes $181K you should be able to squeak by.