Metal or plastic glasses?

Just picked up my new round metal frames today. Got them because they're trendy and suit my style - plus, they're something different than the thick plastic frames I'm used to.

But now I'm starting to second guess! I feel like these thin metal frames aren't suited to my thick -4 lenses even though they're thinned down. I also feel like my face is naked/they don't suit me but that might be a result of being so used to plastic frames. Probably also due to this, these metal frames don't feel as comfortable.

Thinking I could probably go back to specsavers tomorrow to replace these with a similar style in plastic. It's just risky with everything closing down now, and wouldn't be certain when my new glasses would come (and I can't survive without them)!

So.. cute new metal frames to try something new or stick with the familiar plastic style?

• T-half

Every year I get new glasses it takes several weeks before I am use to them.  

I like the optometrist to change the nose pads to silicone pads. 

Also, how often do you get a new pair of glasses?  If it is every year, then try these out for a year.  

I like the adjust-ability of metal frames.  I have a second pair for computer glasses in a plastic frame.

I would say KEEP the new glasses. Take care of them. Then you'd have the experience of which type you like best. 

• Jerry

If you have thick lenses, thicker frames is usually a better choice.

Usually plastic frames need to have the fit adjusted less frequently. The wire frames tend to get "whopper jawed" with handling and not fit quite right. 

I always buy metal frames because I think they look better, especially round ones. Main problem is metal tends to bend easily. 

Some round black plastic ones like in that Seinfeld episode might look cool though.

There's a little Taiwanese optometry place I go to that has nice-looking frames for cheap. I find the big chains often don't have the round ones I like.