Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Do u take on traditional gender associated roles in ur home, like woman cooks/cleans, man brings home the money and leads the family?

If not, please explain how u do things and if u like it as it is? What would u tweak?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Cei
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yes we do.

It was my wife's choice she wanted to be a stay at home mother.

I go out to work to bring in the cash.

As to leading the family - it's her who rules the house.

When the children were younger it worked perfectly for us. Now If I could tweak anything it'd be her getting a job and we share the housework. The kids are off hand now and the extra money would be good for extras.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

How about all the times that the man, if he really is a man, only buys things; and has the money got only by the Woman? 

I dare you to read ALL of the Bible! 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We don't have a father in our household so I tend to take on some of the roles of a male (as the 16-year-old eldest girl) but I feel like some of my jobs teeter slightly towards the typical feminine role, too. I usually carry/assemble heavy objects, look after the kids while my mum's out and cook family meals. I don't mind doing things like carrying really heavy stuff because I'm pretty active and quite strong. To be honest, the other stuff is what bores the hell out of me: the cooking and looking after children. 

• Citizen Awesome
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Glad you all support each other and you try to help your family as much as a young girl can in spite of it not being your responsibility. Best of luck to you and your bright future ahead. Stay kind. Know your worth. Never settle. Choose a kind man whose slow to anger, keeps his word, & respects u.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.