Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Do u take on traditional gender associated roles in ur home, like woman cooks/cleans, man brings home the money and leads the family?

If not, please explain how u do things and if u like it as it is? What would u tweak?

• Cei

Yes we do.

It was my wife's choice she wanted to be a stay at home mother.

I go out to work to bring in the cash.

As to leading the family - it's her who rules the house.

When the children were younger it worked perfectly for us. Now If I could tweak anything it'd be her getting a job and we share the housework. The kids are off hand now and the extra money would be good for extras.

How about all the times that the man, if he really is a man, only buys things; and has the money got only by the Woman? 

I dare you to read ALL of the Bible! 

We don't have a father in our household so I tend to take on some of the roles of a male (as the 16-year-old eldest girl) but I feel like some of my jobs teeter slightly towards the typical feminine role, too. I usually carry/assemble heavy objects, look after the kids while my mum's out and cook family meals. I don't mind doing things like carrying really heavy stuff because I'm pretty active and quite strong. To be honest, the other stuff is what bores the hell out of me: the cooking and looking after children. 

• Citizen Awesome

Glad you all support each other and you try to help your family as much as a young girl can in spite of it not being your responsibility. Best of luck to you and your bright future ahead. Stay kind. Know your worth. Never settle. Choose a kind man whose slow to anger, keeps his word, & respects u.