How well do you think your government has responded to the coronavirus?

I'm from New Zealand and our Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern acted very swiftly by imposing a 4 week lockdown of the whole country and we are very lucky of how the government has responded and that no one has died yet.

How well do you think your government has responded?

• Clive

Pretty well in the UK, though we had some infections and deaths earlier before being able to do anything.  Parliament did its greased lightning act last week and has passed a long Coronavirus Act giving emergency powers before breaking up and all going home for the duration.  The government hasn't so much imposed anything as given strong advice, which people are essentially following.  It's difficult to impose a total "stay at home" rule when we still need food and exercise, but I think we have the balance right.

Unfortunately our Prime Minister has the disease but being a healthy 55 he should be OK.  He went into full Churchill "we are British, we can beat this" mode on TV in announcing "stay at home if at all possible" - you have to admit, Boris does a good slogan, and he's got three, "Stay At Home", "Protect the NHS" and "Save Lives".  

• Tavy

Very well in the U.K., we are in lockdown.

Very well. Even Ilhan Omar praised him.

• Mary

I think each government has acted accordingly. for me in Aus, I think Scott Morrison has done extremely well, given the circumstances, although I do feel like things are dragging out more now