Can Corona (the black death of modern history) destroy Western civilization?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Coronavirus doesn't even come close. We are nowhere near having 1/3 or more of the population drop dead. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Destroy civilization?….No. What it can do is hold civilization back 10 years and have us repeat a terrible decade like the 1930's Great Depression + 100 million extra deaths.

If we can survive it with only losing 2 years (2020/21) we'll be lucky, overwise we'll pick up in 2030 where we leave off today, having lost in 10 years 10 million Americans dead/ crippled.

• Dave
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

"The Black Death of Modern History"?  Not even close!  20 million people died in the postwar Flu Epidemic in 1920.  Another 20 million people in Russia died from a man-made famine, caused by incompetent Communist farm policies.  50 million babies have been killed in abortion mills since Roe v. Wade.

• 2 months ago

No. It'll be almost completely over in a year and life will gradually return to normal. Western civilization may even see a short-term benefit if people keep it in their minds and hearts to not take the blessings of life for granted.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • it's nowhere near the scale of the black death.

• 2 months ago

My grandparents survived the 1918 flu without Purrell and hand wipes when they were young. I'm almost 50, I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried about my 87-year-old parents. I have three brothers over 60, I'm worried about them. I can settle for everyone in my family dying of old age, dying from something that should have been avoidable is unacceptable.  

• 2 months ago

the black death was amalgamate of multiple issues and several separate plague outbreaks.

It also eradicated about quatter of the European populace.

The potential IS there for CoVid19 to reach such heights it just is not very likely, in significant part thanks to our improved medicine, technology advances, and already in place preventative measures.

• Bear
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The Black Death was Septicaemic plague,which infected the blood.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do you want it to? Your opinion counts like any other. If you really want to know, ask a psychic ... they get paid for stuff like this. I can't accurately predict the future, kid.

• Boy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yes it can........

• 2 months ago

It’s not the Black Death.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.