Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaOther - Australia · 4 months ago

Australians seem to treat my American mother differently to people of all other nationalities. Why?

They seem to treat her as a bit inferior to other people who are Australian, British, New Zealander or Canadian, Irish, Asian, etc. even though she’s lived in Australia for 30 years and is an Australian citizen.

Doctors and hospitals seem to treat her as a second class citizen.

Meanwhile, here in Australia, a lot of people at my local university including professors have a lot of hateful things to say about the US including people from there. In my mind I laugh at them given how bothered they seem by it despite not living over there.

Why are so many Australians so bitter about the US these days? Is it just me or do Australians tend to look down on Americans who live here? 

• ?

Obviously you are making this up. Or it's because your mother is not a nice person.

We are jealous and all want to move to America.

The United States is the most powerful country on the planet.  Insecure people tend to hate on those with money and power.

Brown Australia Policy.

• arther

No we don't you mum probably lives in a **** area like myself I also get treated as a 2 second class citizen if i ever want any thing from the government of want to see a quack I was born here my parents were born here. We love the American people hate some of your corporations and government, we don't really think the American people love wars you yanks don't get our sense of humour alot I've lost count of the amount of times the Sargent has wipped off his shirt and the fight was on because I called him a septic tank he still my mate.

Mate mate mate, if you want to see a total disregard for Americans you need look no further than that red monkey who is your god.

Sure, and that is why you had to post your question anonymously. 

Australian universities are a breeding ground for socialism .

USA represents democracy and freedom  that is why they don't like the USA 

what you see from academia is not reprehensive of the rest of Australia  

i  don't have  a  problem  with  americans