Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Would Meghan Markle be a Prime Minister if Boris Johnson was dying?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No it would be the leader of the Conservative party

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I hope so, she deserves it for all the crap some people have been throwing at her husband lately

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, it would go to the pig he had sex with. 

• 2 months ago

Why, would that make her the prime minister? She’d have nothing to do with it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think that you already know the answer. NO.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, is not a British citizen. She is not eligible to run for any office. As the wife of Prince Harry,Duke of Sussex, she can not run for any office as royals have to be apolitical.

There would be an election to determine the next Prime Minister is Johnson died or became too incapacitated to continue in his job.

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

There'd be an internal election amongst the Tory Party to choose a new Leader.   And THEN, that new Leader might, or might not go to the country for a(nother) General Election which will NOT be held until after lthe C-virus is over. When May was elected Leader, there was no immediate GE.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you had a brain you would be dangerous. If you knew how to use it you be leathal if you actually used it,it would be Armageddon

• 2 months ago

Following a general election, the leader of the party with the most seats in the House of Commons is asked by the monarch to form a government and that leader becomes the Prime Minister. If the PM dies or becomes indisposed so s/he has to resign from the parliament, the Deputy PM becomes acting PM until such time as the Parliamentary party elects a new leader from among its members in the House of Commons.

The Duchess of Sussex does not have a seat in the House of Commons and, as her title comes from her husband, does not have a seat in the House of Lords either so, as she does not have a seat in either House of the Parliament, she cannot be Prime Minister.

• You're not quite right. Britain has no concept of Acting PM. if the PM died, the Queen would invite someone of her choosing whom she believed to command the majority of Parliament, and invite them to form a Government. They would be PM in their own right, even if only for a short time. 

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

No because she has an American accent.

• 2 months ago

That would be the job of the Deputy Prime Minister.

• 2 months ago

Look doofus:  I am a bloody American, I know this is a troll question.

The PM is chosen by Parliament.

• ...Show all comments
    • Richard
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Maybe I misunderstood your system. I thought Parliament chooses the PM, who is usually a leading member of the majority party or coalition, and the Crown (who is a figurehead) OKs it.  I know that the general UK population does not directly vote for the PM.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.