Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop Β· 2 months ago

Why did Yoko Ono break up the greatest band in the world?

• patty

Yes like

meghan

markle

took Harry away from the royals.

• hart

alcohol and drugs

• EXZTNZ

One Direction broke up because they all wanted to go solo not because of some women.

She didn't did she?

That has been said many times, but she never did The Beatles came to a point where they wanted to do their own thing, Paul said that many times and George was the first to have a solo number one album too.

It wasn't just her. It was also the drug use.

well john is the one , he wanted his girlfriend to join the band

The question is why would John ever date a hag like Yoko.

Yoko didn't break up the Beatles.

The Beatles broke up the Beatles.

If you have ever been in a rock band, I mean a real rock band that played gigs and made albums and evolved over several years, you know how easily a band can break up. Creative direction and ego, that is why bands break up... not because someone has a weird girlfriend.

I did the rock band thing in the 90s. Maybe I was the reason that we broke up. I didn't like what the others wanted to do with MY songs, or what I perceived as "my songs" at the time. In retrospect, I wish that I had just let the matter go, because I would have preferred the band to survive. The others wavered in their interest, grew tired of it. And, to make matters more complicated, we were all stoned most of the time, especially me.

I do not buy the idea that Yoko had anything to do with the breakup of the Beatles, and I think there is something a bit racist about that idea. The Beatles were four smart guys, who had possibly reached a point of super stardom at which they felt that they had had enough.

• IOM

Paul McCartney: "She certainly didn't break the group up, the group was breaking up,"Β 

He goes further and says that without Ono opening up the avant garde for Lennon, songs such as Imagine would never have been written: "I don't think he would have done that without Yoko, so I don't think you can blame her for anything. When Yoko came along, part of her attraction was her avant garde side, her view of things, so she showed him another way to be, which was very attractive to him. So it was time for John to leave, he was definitely going to leave [one way or another]."