Am I eligible for the Coronavirus Stimulus check?

1. I am a 28 year old Single Male, still living at home with my parents

2. I filed my 2019 tax returns in February of this year, and my parents have yet to file this year

3. My income is roughly $16,000

4. I was a college student and graduated in December of 2019, there are education credits applied in my 2019 tax return

5. In 2019, I did not apply as a Dependent. On the 1040 forum, under standard deduction “Someone can claim - you as a dependent” is left blank. However in my 2018 1040 forum, it was checked.

6. I worked 3 jobs throughout 2019

Update:

I received my refund on the 3rd week of February.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 6
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Based on your message, you are eligible for a stimulus check.  Your parents cannot claim you as a dependent in 2019.

I would add that, if your income was similar in 2018, you were not eligible to be claimed as a dependent in 2018.  Amended returns for you and your parents may be in order for that year.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

you should get it

• 8 months ago

Yes.

1. Most of that doesn't matter.

2. You filed. That's what matters. It doesn't matter that your parents didn't.

3. Then you meet the requirement that it be less than $99,000.

4. None of that matters (some of it might if you were under 24).

5. What happened on your 2018 form doesn't matter if you filed a 2019 form. What matters is your 2019 form.

6. That doesn't matter either.

• martin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

If you filed your calendar year 2019 income tax return, and parents did not claim you as a dependent, probably you will succeed in getting a check because the easiest way to list recipients is to see who filed a return.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

you might be, i heard all americans were getting them

• Kelley
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Contact the IRS

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.