J asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Testicle infection?

I was diagnosed with epididymitis by the doctor some months ago and she prescribed me ciprofloxacin, i went through the dosage about a month ago and I’m still having discomfort down there and my left testicle is still swollen 

Is there anything i can do about this? Any suggestions ? Or does this take a while to clear up 

It took me about 2 months to fully clear it with cipro. I know you're you're feeling... It's like it's gone and then it trickles back kind of! Hang in there

The best advice I can give is to call the doctor who treated you and tell them what is going on.You may need a different antibiotic or a longer course of antibiotics.

• Tj

Go see a urologist.

• shroud

talk to your doctor

we are not doctors

some of the trolls would love to tell you the wrong thing

Call the doctor and ask her to call in a refill.

I would suggest calling your doc and asking him to send another prescription to the pharmacy for you, maybe even for a stronger antibiotic. And find out when you can come in for him to examine you, which may be problematic, what with all this coronavirus thing going on at the moment.

This infection may just be stubborn, in which case you (and the doc) need to stay on top of it if you're going to get rid of it and as I previously mentioned... all this corona crap just makes things harder, so you really should get on it.