Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Baby is ONE but STILL not walking ?

My baby turned one a few days and he’s still not walking or standing. He can stand for about 5 seconds then falls over. Is this normal?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

NORMAL.  I have a grand daughter who did NOT walk until she was 2.  Put him in a walker; he can build up his leg muscles and then begin walking when he's ready to.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That sounds completely normal for a baby who has just turned one year of age. His next step in the "learning to walk" process will be when he is finally able to stand up and attempts to toddle while he's holding on to something in the room. He won't be able to walk without some sort of assistance until he's around two years old. 

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What do you mean, 'STILL'? Average for walking is 14 months, and anything up to 18 months is within normal range.

My oldest walked at 14 months, my youngest at 16 months.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course it is there is no magical number when they walk

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

get medical advice

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Every baby develops at a different rate.

My first baby walked unassisted at nine months and by ten months was walking anytime she wanted to.

My second baby showed no interest in trying to stand or walk until just after the age of one year and wasn't fully walking until fourteen months.

They are now both adults and NO ONE could ever tell that one of them was "ahead" of the average age for walking and one of them was "behind" the average age for walking.

Your baby is still within the age range for this to be NORMAL.

• 2 months ago

Yes, that is entirely normal. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.