Does it matter if you use the same or different brand of descaler liquid and coffee machine tablets the same brand as the machine?

I wondering does it matter if I buy and use to clean the coffee machine the samebrand of tablets and descaler as the machine? Because I have a sun beam coffee machine so do the tablets and descaler liquid also have to be sunbeam or it doesn’t matter?

• L

Forget descalers..............just fill the machine with vinegar and water.  The the machine run through a complete cycle and once it has...........fill the machine up with plain water and run through a cycle again........instant clean.

It makes no difference which kind you buy--but you can make one for literally one-tenth the cost by simply filling the water reservoir in your coffee machine with plain water to which you add 1/2 cup of white vinegar, run it through, then do a cycle through the machine with plain water. That works every bit as well as any commercial descaler and cleaner. 

It doesn't matter.

Oh my ******* god, how stupid can some people be!

they are all alike in that ... any brand will work fine. White vinegar works just as well and is a lot cheaper ... but you do have to run several pots full of plain water through the machine after using it. This is what I did in my Keurig machine and it still works just fine

• elhigh

Brand is unimportant so long as you don't use a chemical that is specifically disallowed by the manufacturer.

Manitowoc brand descaler vs. generic descaler, doesn't make any difference, it's still going to be phosphoric and citric acid and there's a good chance it was made by the same company, just sold under different brands.

Any type that is rated for use in appliances such as coffee makers is fine.

Some types are only intended for "open" appliances such as kettles, so check the instructions before purchasing any specific type.

If they have instructions for coffee makers, it will work OK.

• Barry

it doesn’t matter